Track A Lost Xiaomi – There are times when you forget to put the smartphone you have, it certainly can make you panic if you don’t find it. But for you Xiaomi users, don’t worry. Because Xiaomi has a feature to track the location of the smartphone you have.
This certainly makes it easy for Xiaomi users to find if their smartphone is lost, stolen, or forgotten to put it. Excellence provided by Xiaomi is the latest breakthrough to face increasingly fierce trade competition.
To find a lost Xiaomi cellphone, there are two ways you can do if you experience it. Use the following method to track your lost Xiaomi cellphone.
How To Track A Lost Xiaomi Smartphone
Method 1: How to Track Xiaomi Cellphones with Mi Cloud
Mi Cloud is a superior feature applied by Xiaomi on all types of products released by Xiaomi. With Mi Cloud you can easily backup files or photos online.
In addition to processing data online, you can also track cellphone locations with Mi Cloud. The way to track the location of Xiaomi mobile phones with Mi Cloud can be done in the following way.
- Visit the Mi Cloud Website
- Log in with the Mi account you have. (You can use your registered e-mail, cellphone number or Mi ID)
- Then Click Search for Devices to start searching for your smartphone’s current location
- If you have never used this feature, then you will be asked to choose the type of smartphone you are using
- Click on the Locate Device menu to search for HP. (After the location is found, zoom the map that appears to ensure the accuracy of your HP position.)
- If your smartphone is silent, use the Noise Mode / Sound menu provided by Xiaomi. (with this mode you can activate the sound even though the cellphone is silent)
Features in Mi Cloud
The Noise Mode feature can be activated when searching for a lost cellphone. You can ring the smartphone that is being searched for even in silent mode.
You can use Lost Mode if your cellphone is stolen by someone. This feature helps you secure a stolen cellphone by locking your Xiaomi cellphone.
By activating this mode, HP will not be used unless entering a registered Mi Cloud account. If the person who took your cellphone replaces the Simcard, then you will receive a notification that someone has replaced the Simcard on your cellphone.
Wipe Device (Erase Data)
In addition to the two features above, this last feature can be used to delete all lost Xiaomi smartphone files and data. If there are important files that are on your Xiaomi smartphone, activate this Mi Cloud feature so your data will be safe.
The above method you can use for all types of Xiaomi smartphones as long as you have a Mi Cloud account. If the location of your smartphone has been found, then go directly to the location that appears to take the smartphone.
Therefore always remember your Mi Cloud account for data security & your smartphone. In addition to using Mi Cloud, you can also track lost smartphones with the help of Google’s Find My Device.
Method 2: Track Xiaomi smartphones with Google’s Find My Device
In addition to Mi Cloud, this one way you can use with the help of a Google account that you have.
To be able to use this feature, all you need to make sure is that the Google account is logged on the lost smartphone. If the Google account that you are using is logged on the lost smartphone then you can follow the following method.
- Open the browser from a computer/mobile and visit Google Device Manager
- Log in with the google account installed on the missing cellphone.
- If a google account is logged on more than one device, select the device that you want to search
- After you choose the device to search for, Google will try to connect to your device. (Google will be connected if you activate the data plan and GPS on the lost cellphone.)
- If it is connected, the map display will change in the location of your cellphone.
Just like in Mi Cloud, Google also provides features that you can use on Find My Device. There are three features that Google provides on this cellphone search service.
Three features provided are Play Sound, Lock, Erase
You can try ringing the cellphone with the Play Sound feature if the cellphone location is close to your range. The phone will still ring even in silent mode.
Or you can use the Lock feature to lock the cellphone so it can’t be opened easily.
The last step that you can take if the cell phone is not detected is to delete the data on your cell phone. You can use the Erase feature to erase all data even if the cellphone is turned off.
After admin tries 2 ways above, admin recommends that you try Mi Cloud first.
Well maybe it’s just this tutorial about How To Track A Lost Xiaomi Smartphone. I would expect to see more articles. Hopefully the tutorial is useful. If you want to request articles or provide suggestions & criticism please contact me at Contact Me. If anyone wants to ask please leave a comment, and do not forget like Facebook fanpages genkes.