iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini bring very few changes in appearance, but there are many improvements in terms of innards and features. Here are the specifications and prices of the iPhone 12 successor phones.
iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini come with Super Retina XDR OLED screens measuring 5.4 inches and 6.1 inches, respectively. Both have support for HDR10 and Dolby Vision, just like their predecessors, but this Super Retina XDR OLED display has 28% brightness outdoors at 800 nits, with higher peak brightness for HDR at 1,200 nits. Apple retains the Ceramic Shield protection introduced in the iPhone 12.
The phone is powered by the 5nm A15 Bionic Chip with nearly 15 billion transistors. It has a new 6-core CPU with two high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores that the company says are 50% faster than competitors, and the fastest in any smartphone. This chipset has a new 4-core GPU that is claimed to be 30% faster than competitors. It has a new 16-core Neural Engine capable of performing 15.8 trillion operations per second.
both of these phones are IP68 certified. Apple says its water resistance is up to 6 meters for 30 minutes.
iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini are equipped with a new wide camera measuring 1.7 micron pixels with an aperture of f/1.6. Apple claims this is the largest sensor ever in an iPhone dual camera system and is capable of gathering 47% more light for less noise and brighter results.
The sensor shift stabilization technology introduced in the iPhone 12 Pro Max is now available on the wide camera. This stabilizes the sensor instead of the lens, so the shot is more stable.
A specially designed ultra-wide camera with a new sensor captures images with more detail in dark areas, resulting in less noise in photos and videos.
A Cinematic mode is available on iPhone when recording videos of people, pets, and objects with beautiful depth effects with auto focus changes. Focus can be changed during and after capture, and users can also adjust the bokeh level in the Photo and iMovie apps for iOS, and coming soon to iMovie for macOS and Final Cut Pro.
Cinematic Mode can record in Dolby Vision HDR. Both models also offer HDR video recording with Dolby Vision – from capture to editing and sharing – up to 4K at up to 60 fps on all cameras.
Regarding 5G, the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini support more bands. So that it reaches wider with better performance.
iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini Specifications
- iPhone 13 screen: 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, 800 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, True Tone, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 13 Mini screen: 5.4-inch (2340×1080 pixels) OLED 476ppi Super Retina XDR display, 800 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, True Tone, Ceramic Shield protection
- Apple A15 Bionic chipset with 5nm fabrication, 6-core CPU (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores), 5‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- Internal memory: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Operating system: iOS 15
- Water and dust resistance (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Rear camera: 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, Sensor-shift optical image stabilization for video, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120 ° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- Front camera: 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- Features: TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speaker
- Connections: 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit class LTE, WiFi 6 802.11ax with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours (iPhone 13 mini) / 19 hours (iPhone 13) for video playback
- iPhone 13 dimensions: 146.7×71.5×7.65mm; Weight: 173 grams
- iPhone 13 Mini Dimensions: 131.5×64.2×7.65mm; Weight: 140 grams
Price of iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini
The iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini come in Pink, Blue, Midnight, Starlight, and (PRODUCT)RED. Both of these phones can start to be ordered in a number of countries on September 17. Apple began selling both on September 24 at the following prices:
- iPhone 13 128 GB costs USD 799 or IDR 11.4 million
- iPhone 13 256 GB costs USD 899 or IDR 12.8 million
- iPhone 13 512 GB costs USD 1,099 or IDR 15.7 million
- iPhone 13 Mini 128 GB costs USD 699 or IDR. 9.9 million
- iPhone 13 Mini 256 GB costs USD 799 or IDR 11.4 million
- iPhone 13 Mini 512 GB costs USD 999 or IDR. 14.2 million